Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 4

Oh man I'm behind again! I was so very very busy yesterday I had zero chance to get to the computer. We had grandma come over to watch the girls while we cleaned out a corner of the basement, moved Matt's office to the basement and moved my older daughters bedroom into the old office so the girls can each have their own rooms and maybe, potentially SLEEP! Anywho lets get down to this food buisness! BreakFast - 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 an apple, coffee Lunch- leftover taco salad Dinner - Beef shishkabobs with sweet potato fries! Now theres a story here - our BBQ is currently in the backyard surrounded by weeds...I'm talking I'd have to weed whack my way just to get to it..but I put on my big girl panties and just did it. (I'm new to BBQing - only done it once before and that was last week!) So I climbed through the weeds, got it started, looked down and SPIDERS EVERYWHERE! I grabbed my plate of kabobs and RAN into the house screaming like a little girl - getting meat juice all over the place! I was seriously not going to go back out there and had no idea how I was going to cook dinner...eventually I balanced the kabobs on a dish and in the oven at 400 for 15 minutes and it cooked them pretty well. the fries never went crispy - the ends were starting to burn so I absolutely had to take them out - they were damn delicious though! Even though things never seem to follow the recipe they are slowly getting tastier!
sorry for the not so artsy picture :P
I *almost* forgot to take a picture, so after Husband had taken a kabob - older daughter had taken a bob and so had I, I remembered and scrambled to take it! They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment