Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 2

woke up STARVING MY FACE OFF but determined not to fall off the wagon again.. Breakfast: Coffee, 2 scrambled eggs and a banana My husband was out the door running errands and I asked if he wanted me to make him anything to eat for when he got back. He did so I decided to tackle an idea I'd read about - omelet muffins. Basically I took 8 eggs, beat them with a whisk, chopped up some veggies and tossed them in the eggs. (I used green, yellow and red peppers and avocado - I bet it would be DELICIOUS with some meat but I didn't have any cooked and was feeling lazy) poured these into cupcake liners in a cupcake tin - filled the empty slots with some water so they wouldn't..I don't even know this is just what you do. and chucked them in the oven at 350 for 22 minutes.. voila! omelet muffins!
My dad came by and I gave him a couple, and threw the rest in the fridge. I got all distracted with dishes and child care and all of that fun stuff I fed my daughter and forgot about making my daily salad. I ate 2 of my cupcake omelet things and then I had to run out to do some errands. I was at sobey's looking to buy some apples to make apple chips and the hunger bug got me and shook me up! I was STARVING and it took every ounce of self control to not buy a chocolate bar while I was there. Instead I found some strange gf/sugar free/dairy free..etc coconut bar. I also had a coupon for $1 off any gf pantry item...so I paid my $.49 and scarfed it down! Not so bad actually and it gave me some staying power! Got home and decided to make some apple chips! YES that will cure my snack bug that always bites when the kids are in bed! So i boiled 2 cups of apple juice (unsweetened NO SUGAR!) and tossed some cinnamon into it, then sliced 2 green apples super super thin and boiled them in the concoction for about 5 minutes. Took them out and pat them dry with a towel - then I put them on a cookie sheet and in the oven at 250 for about 35 minutes (there just were NOT going crispy!) I gave up and pulled them out and my husband and daughter and I ate them with a fork - tasted like apple pie filling..so not the snack I'd hoped for (especially as it took almost 2 hours for not much of a snack!) but oh well - guess I'm not desitined to make chips!
Then it was dinner, and my husband came home with donairs (oh donairs one of my greatest weaknesses!) I ate mine without the pita wrap, just the meat with a teeny bit of sweet sauce and hot sauce. Then after the kids were in bed - guess who? thats right snack bug :( and I'm ashamed to say I didn't just fall off the wagon, I leaped with open arms, face first off the wagon! I tackled my hidden laundry room candy supply and depleted it! Went to bed feeling like a failure!

No comments:

Post a Comment